Rodriguez Family Lawyers takes pride in having compassion and care with clients who are going through a difficult time in their life.
This level of service is essential when you are making hard choices for your Will and or Power of Attorneys or when you are an executor in a Deceased Estate of a loved family member.
- Simple Wills;
- Mirror image Wills between spouses;
- Contracts for Mutual Wills
- Estate Planning;
- Wills with Testamentary Trust or Special Disability Trust and
- For any complex Wills we can obtain the expertise of Counsel and apply it to your particular circumstances.
Ever wondered what happens if you do not have a Will? See our facebook page video.
The legal costs for a basic Will is from $250 plus GST and plus any disbursements per person. Obtain a quote for more detailed /complex Will.
Please note that the first consultation with a solicitor regarding Wills is free of charge as it allows the solicitor to obtain instructions from the client as to contents of the Will, discuss with the client their assets and liabilities as part of basic estate planning and provide the client with a fixed fee of legal costs plus disbursements.
Power of Attorney (POA)
- General Power of Attorney;
- Enduring Power of Attorney (Medical);
- Enduring Power of Attorney (financial); and
- Enduring Power of Personal Matters
The legal costs is fixed at $150 plus GST for each Power of Attorney per person. Please note that we can provide an urgent Power of Attorney ready for execution on the same day for additional $50 fee plus GST.
The first consultation with a solicitor regarding Power of Attorney is free of charge as it allows the solicitor to discuss with the client as to the different types of Power of Attorney, the importance of choosing the right Power of Attorney for their future needs and choosing the best person to appoint as an Attorney so that the client may make an informed decision.
- Survivorship Applications
- Grant of Probate;
- Letters of Administration – Intestacy;
- Letters of Administration – with the Will annexed;
- Application for Executor / Administrator Commission;
- Deed of Family Agreement;
- Deed of Release and Indemnity;
- Deed of Release and Distribution; and
- Contesting the Will – acting for estate or claimant against the estate.
From humble beginnings of Initial Consultation to one of our client’s case became a Precedent Law Case in our predecessor firm Leticia Rodriguez and Associates – available in Austlii or via google:
Re Manlio  VSC 733 (21 December 2015) (McDONALD J) WILLS AND ESTATES — Defendant seeking distribution from deceased’s estate as an unregistered domestic partner
Re Manlio (No 2)  VSC 130 (8 April 2016): Overarching obligations, Civil Procedure Act, ss 16, 18, 21 – 23 and 29.
For the legal costs in a deceased estate matter, please ring to book an consultation with a solicitor to discuss your matter and obtain an estimate of legal costs.
Please note that the first consultation in a deceased estate matter is NOT free of charge, but charged pursuant to the solicitor’s hourly fee per 6 minute intervals, as you may receive legal advice that will facilitate the Next of Kin or Executor transfer ownership of assets without the need of probate or a solicitor, depending on the circumstances of the matter.
Victoria Legal Aid does not fund Wills, POA or deceased estate matter.